Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sleeves, Scissors, and Straw

Three Good Things for the day:

  1. Samantha took off her sweater, almost all by herself.  Both Adam and I had been teaching her wrong, I'm ashamed to say.  We kept telling her to pull off one of her sleeves first because that's how we did it for her.  When I tried to do it that way with my own coat, I realized that it doesn't work.  No wonder she was frustrated.  Now I pull the shoulders down a bit for her and tell her to shake and flap her wings like Hen from "Little Bear" and she's all over it! 

  2. I cut the back part of Sam's hair today for the very first time.

  3. We found a solution for muddy doggy footprints in the house.  Our back yard is just dirt and a few weeds, thanks to the place having been rented before we bought it.  Every time it rained the dog was bringing in so much mud it was driving me bananas.  We're going to put in grass eventually, but you can't do it in winter.  Adam figured out that we could use straw in the meantime.  A whole bale cost us eleven dollars (not cents) and we only needed half to cover our tiny back yard.  Man, that was a huge problem...solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment