Sunday, February 1, 2009

Search Objectivist Parenting Blogs

I've created a Google Custom Search which you can access at the bottom of the main page of this blog.  It searches all of the parenting blogs that I know of by Objectivists or fellow-travellers.  Right now, that includes my own blog, 3-Ring-Binder, Homeschooled Twins, Kim's Play Place, Optional Values, Principled Parent, and Rational Jenn.  Please make suggestions for additions, but, of course, I'll be the final judge of what is included.  Hopefully I can find a way to make it look prettier, too.

I've already found some good uses for the search.  For example, when writing my last post on Positive Discipline I wanted to review what I had read earlier on these blogs, to remind myself of particulars and also to give due credit to those who assisted me in my thinking.  You might be interested in what Objectivist parents have to say about attachment parenting, early potty training, or music lessons - this search should limit your search results better than a general Google search would.

In creating this search, I found Google is listing search results for my own blog in a strange way.  For the most part, it is returning my categories, not my posts.  I just created a robots.txt file based on some suggestions I found, but if anybody has any better ideas, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Mine is AisA Academy.
    I haven't been writing here much, but plan to put more thought and time into it in the future. All you others are inspiring me!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now 19 and experiencing being a dad. I must say although it feels good it's still hard. I knew it wouldn't be easy but to be honest, the hard part is having to balance time. My daughter is great and makes managing her never dreadful. -Teen dad

    ReplyDelete