- Sammy has started to write her letters. She mostly draws individual squiggles which look like "c's" and "u's" and she'll "read" them: A, EF, GEE, EM, ESS, DEE. THAT SPELLS JINX! But she has written and identified a recognizable "u," "w," "t" and a "j."
- She tried to do a headstand last night.
- Looking at a blob of soap on her hand, she said, LOOK, MOMMY! AN OVAL! And she was right.
- She rolls up or folds every towel and washcloth in sight.
- When she is putting away her toys, she doesn't want any help, and she doesn't even want any words to help her: NO, MOMMY, DON'T TALK. I'LL DO IT MYSELF.
And my favorite:
- MOMMY, I'M GOING TO PUT THE STRING ON THE PAPER AND USE THE CRAYON UNDER IT. DON'T TOUCH, OK, MOMMY? I'M GOING TO DO SOME WORK.