Saturday, February 7, 2009

Milestones, Music, and Mud

Three Good Things for the day:

  1. Samantha did so many new things today: she cracked her first egg, took off her pajamas by herself, took off her coat almost all by herself, and learned how to tune in a station on an analog radio and adjust the volume.

  2. I listened to music on my iPod.  Oh, it's a whole new world I have to explore now!

  3. We went to the dog park today since it was close to 60 degrees.  This was Sam's first time there.  As soon as she saw all the dogs running around, she said, DOG PARTY!  (If you know the book Go, Dog, Go! then you know where she got that.)  The snow and ice had recently melted so we all got muddy which was half the fun for Sam and Toby, I think.  It was fun to see all the different breeds, as I've been enjoying Dog Week over at 3-Ring-Binder.  There were a couple of huskies and a Rottweiler mix I almost kidnapped.  I'm really more of a cat person, but a dog park is one of the happiest places on earth.  Can you tell he had a good day?


Muddy, happy dog

5 comments:

  1. "Do you like my hat?"
    "No. I do not like your hat."
    "Good Bye."
    "Good Bye."

    One of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he steals the feather from her hat, that cad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the iPod. Suddenly, music is omnipresent as opposed to an activity unto itself. It really changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cad, maybe, but he taught me all I needed to know about civil discourse: you can tell the truth and remain polite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LB: So true!
    Bill: Next post is for you.

    ReplyDelete