Sunday, February 1, 2009

Calm, Clean, and Climb

I could write a really funny post tonight about all the bad things that happened today, but the whole point of this Three Good Things exercise is to help me stay focused on the positive.  Still, throughout the day, I've been blogging all these crazy moments in my head: diarrhea on the walls, dog eating cat poo, dog puking in back yard, cat escaping the house, girl puking on the kitchen floor and then slipping and falling in it, getting the cat out from under the basement stairs with a broom (classic!), cat turning over trash can to get to empty dog food can, empty trash can sitting on our front porch since last Tuesday because we've been too sick to bother bringing it in, girl puking on my leg, girl having diarrhea as I'm putting ointment on her diaper rash, and, well, I guess I cheated by writing all of that.  Sometimes it helps more to write about the bad things.  Still, I'm sure there are Three Good Things.  Here it goes:

  1. I caught up on my sleep for the first time in a week and was able to handle most of the day without losing my temper or my good attitude.

  2. I vacuumed the entire house, which was quite an accomplishment on a day like today.

  3. Samantha climbed up on her chest of drawers.  She is definitely in a physical developmental stage, doing things that I understand most kids do when they are about 14 months old.  She pooped all over the wall and the drawers about 30 seconds after I took this photo:


[caption id="attachment_376" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Proud Climber"]Proud Climber[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a day! All I can really say is Oh, how I feel your pain! Hope things are better soon.

    ReplyDelete