Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Words, Nude, and New Testament

Three Good Things for the day is a tough assignment today:

  1. Adam teaches on Tuesday nights this semester, so he misses our usual family dinner.  Each week I tell Samantha that he won't be home for dinner throughout the day, sometimes explaining that he is teaching a class, or telling her that I'm sure he misses her.  Today I hardly mentioned it because I'm just so down with this cold.  But tonight during dinner she mentioned daddy, so I said that he was at work.  She said, TEACHING CLASS.  She remembers everything, even when she doesn't know what it means.  And the amount of new words she is using is stunning.  My parents are learning Spanish for their trip to Mexico right now, and my dad said that Sam is probably learning English faster than they are learning Spanish.  No doubt!

  2. Samantha jumped off the couch today in yet another physical feat that most kids seem to try much earlier.  For some reason, she is much more adventurous while naked.

  3. I got some good advice from Diana on my bible studies, and have decided to try the actual bible after all.  Up first, The Gospel According to St. Matthew, and the Acts of the Apostles.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Bible studies - I really enjoyed reading Genesis and a lot of the old testament beyond that was interesting to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, I haven't read much of the New Testament. Let me know how you like your approach, because I'd like to try it. (Sorry for 2 comments...)

    ReplyDelete