Monday, February 9, 2009

Metal, Market, and Mice

Three Good Things for the day:

  1. Another iPod update: I had forgotten that Adam had given me an adaptor to use my iPod in my car.  Instead of getting all fired up listening to the bad news on NPR, I got all fired up listening to Metallica.

  2. I went to Wegman's.  Every time I've gone there, it's made it onto my Three Good Things list.  The place is really that great.

  3. I took Samantha with me to PetCo, which is always fun.  The little mice were hilarious.  One of them was running in the wheel and he'd stop and hold on and spin upside down.  Sam and I giggled at that for many minutes.  She always loves the fish, so we're thinking about getting a Betta.

4 comments:

  1. We were on the same page yesterday. I took Charlie to the pet store as well. He enjoyed the fish, but mostly enjoyed exploring the store. I'm sure we'll be making lots of trips to the pet store :-)

    If you get the Betta I would love to hear how Sam likes having a fish at home. We've debated getting a fish too since they are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long as Samantha doesn't go to daycare shouting out the words to AC/DCs "Given the Dog a Bone" (my niece did this - it did not go over well).

    Whenever I think of Wegman's, I think of a store filled with Weimaraners.

    We have a Betta, Bing (after Crosby, not ba-da-bing) going on two years now. They require so little care it's practically scary (as in you could easily forget about them). I recommend getting a light on the tiny bowls so you can watch them better at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pets. They're so wonderful for the kids but such a hassle for the parents. At one point we had a guinea pig, two cats, two dogs, and a 30-gallon aquarium of fish. They really want a rabbit, but I've been down that road before and it'll be a while before I'll repeat that. (Short story: sexing rabbits is very difficult and I wouldn't take a store clerk's word that a particular rabbit is male or female.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard Bettas are low maintenance, which is the only reason I'll consider one. Bill, I hear your warning. Check out this fish bowl - you mount it on the wall. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete