Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Really Cool Architecture

I really like the interesting design of blogger Michelle Mitchell's remodel:


Our Home Remodel Is Finished from Michelle Mitchell at Scribbit on Vimeo.

What a great way to expand the existing rooms and bring in tons of natural light.  At first I didn't like the way the addition looked from the outside, but once I saw the function of it on the inside, I grew to like the view from outside as well.  And aren't those light fixtures the best? 

I'm also impressed with the way this family uses their space.  The house is not very large, and there are four kids living there!  Michelle also blogs, bakes, and does tons of crafts from that house.  I hope to be so organized some day.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it - from the round pavers in the walk to the half-moon cut-outs on the cabinets! I particularly love the use of frosted glass to carry light throughout the house. I even liked it upon first look at the horizontal cedar siding.

    The Flatpak House http://www.dwell.com/homes/green/3830491.html by Charlie Lazor from BluDot, is my dream house - nevermind that it's green - it's awesome!

    If you like this house, you may be interested in the magazine Dwell. If you can stomach the super expensive green alternatives (etc.) they're always shoving down your throat, you can find some pretty cool modern design ideas.

    Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwell is a great magazine--I agree with LB--and thanks for mentioning me!

    ReplyDelete