Thursday, January 29, 2009

Errands, Eating, and the Economy

There are some days that I have real trouble finding three noteworthy good things, but today there were so many good things that I have trouble picking just three.  These are not necessarily the best things about today, but:

  1. I took Samantha on some errands.  It is such a joy to do everyday things with her.  She played peek-a-boo with a McDonald's worker and made the teenage girls who were ditching school look over from from their cynical conversation and act sweet for a moment.  At the library she ran straight for the board books, plucked one off the shelf, and sat down right there to "read" it.  At CVS she helped me find the diapers and remembered that they give away lollipops.  We crunched around on the ice that still covers the ground after Monday's storm that kept the Obama girls out of school.  Every time we approached the ice, Sam told me to be CAYFOAL [careful].  We didn't rush and just enjoyed each others' company.

  2. I made lamp chops and asparagus for dinner.  Delicious!  Thanks, Jon, for suggesting deglazing with cream.  I suppose it's not a "proper" way to make a sauce, but that's the kind of simple cooking I like!

  3. I went to a lecture on The Financial Crisis: Causes and Possible Cures, given by John Allison and hosted by the Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights.  I'll write a bit more about it this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo. Do report on Allison's lecture. I couldn't quite make it from California.
    And thanks for your 3 good things. I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete