Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm in the Dollhouse

Samantha loves it when I make up stories and pretend to be made-up characters.  For stories, I use the Little Bear TV show (still love it!) as a base and make up new situations.  It's pretty easy when you have a set of characters already made for you.  I'm surprised at how well I'm doing with the storytelling.  Adam and I thought for sure that these "imaginative" things would be more his domain than mine, so I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Then I have two main characters I play for her: Whale and Cajun Lady.  Whale talks really slow and low...well, like a whale.  She lives in the ocean and eats plankton and that's all she does, except the funny-talking.  I can count on Sam cooperating with just about anything if I ask her as Whale.  Cajun Lady is the latest addition to my repertoire.  I just started talking in this weird Cajun accent one day and Sam fell in love with it.  That one is much more fun for me, but it's a bit embarrassing at the supermarket.

Another fun part for me is when I'm tired of playing the funny character, I close my eyes for a moment, open them and sort of shake my head and say in my usual voice, "Did I fall asleep?"  Now I just need to teach Sam to respond, "For a little while."

2 comments:

  1. When she wants a new character, have her say that it's time for your treatment. That's selfish parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] the way, we did get Samantha saying, “For a little while.”  Looking forward to season [...]

    ReplyDelete