Thursday, March 5, 2009

Geese

Three Good Things for the day:

  1. We had our second and final Montessori interview today.  We have two great choices and we need to decide or get an extension by tomorrow.  The interview was fun.  I'm sure that Sam will thrive with Montessori.  She was so excited by this school that she practically joined right into a classroom.

  2. After the interview, Samantha and I went to the mall for lunch.  I love dining with her.  We were both in a great mood when we left and then I saw the Canadian geese, flying back north.  I got so excited and told Sam that seeing the geese going home meant that spring was coming.  We stopped to watch, right there in the parking lot.  Then 3 geese flew directly over our heads, probably just 20 feet up, honking their beautifully ugly honk.  It's hard to explain why, but it was just one of those magical times you have with your kid - a time that you know she will remember.  Sam said, MORE GEESE MOMMY the whole way home.

  3. Sam got into my office drawer for the first time today and I restrained myself while she played with thumbtacks, a stapler, and other various sharp objects.  She didn't hurt herself once, and she (mostly) put everything away.  Still, I may have to claim that drawer as my own personal property, just like my nightstand drawer and my purse.

1 comment:

  1. Re: #2 - I enjoy geese, although they don't always reciprocate. I used to run on a path where geese would wander back and forth to the nearby river. There were green droppings everywhere to dodge, the geese would be in the way, and they'd honk when I got near, especially with their babies around. I got chased once. I got indignant and chased it back. But it was fun. Where I live now, they cross the streets near the little fake ponds in my neighborhood, and stop traffic dead. And they TAKE THEIR TIME crossing the street! Stop, waddle, stop. Two steps, stop, honk. Etc. Makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete