Monday, December 8, 2008

Mysteries

Does anybody iron their clothes anymore?  I've never ironed and yes, my clothes are wrinkled some of the time (but not often, thanks to this).  But, seriously, after sorting, washing, and drying clothes, does anyone really get out an ironing board and an iron, put water in it, wait for it to heat up, and spend multiple minutes per item making them just perfect, then folding or hanging?  And I've heard a rumor that some people actually iron their sheets!  What planet do they live on?

3 comments:

  1. I admit I do. I live on planet Old-Fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On rare occasion, I iron a skirt or blouse or dress to make it look presentable. However, I'm quite terrible at it. That's mostly due to my own impatience: I just can't see the point of spending all the time required to get it looking perfect. So I'm sure that no one would ever think that I ironed.

    I also don't bother to wash whites and colors separately. (I usually do just one load of laundry per week. Paul and I do our own laundry, which is a very good arrangement, I think.) So I have this attitude that my clothes are simply required to play together nicely in the wash. Bleeding is forbidden! It works well, except that on rare occasion my socks turn slightly pink.

    However, since everyone must be wondering how I could possibly wear such a wrinkled shirt, I'm sure no one notices the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too cheap to throw out the shirts with the collars that go all goofy in the wash. You know the ones where the left side curls up and the right side curls down? It looks like I have a curious dog behind my head if I don't do something.

    We've got a pretty fast heating iron, so by the time I've got the collar laid out, it is ready to steam the beegees out of whatever shirt part isn't cooperating.

    In general, I don't iron unless it is a very special occasion (wedding / funeral).

    rootie

    ReplyDelete