Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas

Luckily, we will be having Christmas this year.  We're going to Florida to visit Adam's parents.  We managed to put up a few little Christmas decorations around the house, but no tree or outside lights.  Santa will come while we are gone and leave a few things.

This is the third year in a row that we'll be away for Christmas.  We visited Adam's parents in St. Louis for Sam's first Christmas, then last year we were literally homeless, in between living in San Diego and Lexington, so we stayed at our super-great friends' house in Richmond.  My mom pointed out that these early years are really the best time to take Sam to other places for Christmas - when she gets older it will be more important to stay home. 

I finished my "Christmas shopping" today.  We managed to make zero Christmas shopping trips by picking up items here and there along the way.  Besides Christmas cards (which I'm very proud to say that we got out in early December) we didn't buy a single thing for anybody other than Sam.  I picked up stocking stuffers at Target (where I've been 4 times in the past 3 weeks for stuff we need for the house) and Adam picked out the big-ticket item at Ikea: an easel which has paper, chalkboard, and whiteboard.  I know she'll get some nice things from the grandparents and maybe a couple of friends, and that is enough.

I'm looking forward to the vacation.  I really need a break and I'm hoping the grandparents will take over and let me sleep in a few days.  I probably won't blog while we're gone, so I'll take this opportunity to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas.  Get off your computers and go play with your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment