Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Confessions

Forgive me, Internet, for I have sinned.  It has been 44 days since my last confession.

I've grown to like Diane Rehm.  She's a radio host with a speech impediment.  For years that fact alone made me turn off NPR in disgust every time I heard her voice.  (I'll never get over the fact that at my very first real job, I worked with a legally deaf woman who was hired to answer the phone!)  Rehm is also an infuriating liberal.  But she is a good interviewer and I learn a lot from her show.  As long as I'm at it, I'll admit that I think Bill O'Reilly is a good interviewer too, despite his disgusting character and idiotic populist views.  I haven't watched his show in years, but I always thought he asked real questions, unlike so many "journalists" who elicit nothing of substance from their subjects, except what you already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment