Thursday, December 4, 2008

When Supergluing Your Fingers Together is Not a Mistake

Ever since my first real winter in Chicago 1999-2000 (I grew up in Los Angeles), I've had terrible problems with dry skin.  In Chicago, my heels cracked so badly they bled, which was painful enough, but last winter my fingers started splitting.  Right where the edge of the nail meets the finger I got these deep cuts.  Two of my favorite activities, writing (typing) and cooking, became torture.  It started up again about a week ago and was so bad I decided to try my father's trick - Superglue.  Yes, I glued my fingers back together.  It works!

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried Aquaphor at night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rootie: No, never tried that one. Isn't Aquaphor just like vaseline? Would I put on gloves over it? I think I recently threw away the 8-9 tiny bottles of Aquaphor I had accumulated in the months before Sam was born when every manufacturer of baby products was sending me free stuff. I dragged those bottles from Michigan to San Diego to Lexington, Virginia before I finally decided I was never going to use them and trashed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, basically vaseline. Greasy stuff, best when covered so your sheets don't pick up the mess.

    I have to be pretty bad off before I go that far, but it seems to work for me.

    ReplyDelete