Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Not a Problem, it's an Opportunity

I'm having a real problem with time sickness again.  Any time I'm doing something that is either purely for myself (taking a shower, eating, writing in my blog) or where my body is occupied but my mind is not (doing dishes, driving, letting out the dog) I feel panic setting in.  All I can think about is how many other things I need to do, and that I should be doing them and not what I'm doing now.

This is nothing new, and it's entirely predictable that it would crop up again while we're in this "moving in" stage.  As a matter of fact, when I looked up the entry I just linked to, I saw that it was about one month after our last move.   That's about where we are now.  It's true that I can barely keep my head above water at the moment, but getting all worked up about it doesn't solve anything.  I also keep forgetting to recognize all the things that I have accomplished, and I allow myself to wallow in the, "I'll never get out of this hole" mode of thinking.  I wonder where my youthful confidence went - the feeling that as long as I'm working hard and doing the right thing, that things will work out ok.  They always have.

Intellectually, at least, I know what my problem is, but it's still very hard to snap out of it.  But the cheesy phrase I used as the title of this post actually does help, as does writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment