Monday, December 15, 2008

Dog Park Alert!

There is a dog park across the street from my house!

It was about 60 degrees out today so I took the girl and the dog across the street to explore this park.  From the street it just looks like this big grassy area - no play equipment or basketball courts - just grass and some bushes.  I thought there must be something behind those bushes but an off-leash dog park never crossed my mind.  But there it was, like a Christmas bonus for my buddy. (Sam already has a playground in our development and a kiddie park one block away.)

Toby and Flash (Secret Lovers)I couldn't let Toby in today since I had Sam with me, but I see many fun weekend afternoons in our future.  I'm so happy for Toby.  He's never gotten over having to leave our hilltop home in Lexington, where he roamed free with the cows and horses.  Here he is with his favorite, Flash.  They would chase each other along that fence while the other two huffed and pretended they didn't know those two goofs.  We took to singing, "Secret Lovers" every time they played.  Ahh, I miss that place too.

No comments:

Post a Comment