Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Little Thing

My husband, Adam, who is a law professor, was talking to one of his students the other day and the subject of Montessori came up.  The student told Adam, "Yes, I'm very interested in sending my future children to Montessori.  I learned about it from reading Ayn Rand."  When Adam told her that he was an Objectivist, she was thrilled and said, "I'm going to have to tell [another student].  He loves Ayn Rand, too!"

Objectivism is no longer a fringe movement, but a force in our culture.  And admirers of Ayn Rand are everywhere.  I see it in anecdotes like this all the time, but the Ayn Rand Institute's statistics on book sales, successes in academia, and media exposure are the real evidence.  This is an exciting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment