Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby Steps

I'm going to my first homeschooling conference today.  (What a coincidence!  I guess it's that time of year.)  It's run by Home Educators Association of Virginia (HEAV) which seems to be a terribly religious organization.  Still, I need to start somewhere and this conference is free to me, as a parent of a pre-schooler.  The conference goes on all weekend but I'm just going to attend the newbie presentations and check out the exhibit hall today.  I'll report back tomorrow.  Now I'm off on the 2 hour drive to Richmond!

(Incidentally, I'm pretty sure this is the longest I'll have ever been away from Samantha.  Her dad took her to day care at 10:30, and I won't see her again until tomorrow morning.  I still remember the days when I'd have to fight milk-leakage and extreme anxiety when leaving her for a few hours.  I wonder what part of me will ache this time.  Probably my face - it's so used to smiling and laughing that the relaxed state might feel odd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment