Sunday, December 13, 2009

Potential, Anticipation, and True Love

Three Good Things for the weekend:

  1. We picked out and ordered new lighting fixtures we'll need to install before we paint the house.  We decided to take a chance and go for a very modern style.  Our house is a piece of crap right now, but only on the surface.  I have a vision, and I think it's going to be quite beautiful when we're done.  I love owning and improving a home.

  2. I reorganized Sammy's playroom again.  Had to make room for Santa's gifts!

  3. We got some Christmas lights up on the outside of our house.  Just a few gold lights along our stairway banisters.  It's not ideal.  Personally, I'd like to have every square inch of our house and yard lit up and decorated, but Adam has more refined tastes.  When we had a detached home in Michigan, every year we used to argue about whether to put up the small, white lights or the big, colorful bulbs.  Adam won the argument every year by default, just because we didn't own any big bulbs.  But the last year we lived there, for Christmas he bought me 4 packages of big, multi-colored big outdoor lights, which was his way of saying that he knew how important it was to me.  Unfortunately, we moved, and now I have no idea how we can use those big bulbs on the townhouse.  Next year, he might have to get me a big, blow-up yard ornament.

No comments:

Post a Comment