Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Work, Adam's Work, and a Little Fuel

Three Good Things for the day:

  1. I love my new work of fiction writing.  No other work has ever made me bang my desk repeatedly and yell out to the empty room:  "Yes!  F*&@ yes, that's it!  I got it!" 

  2. Sammy and I went to Adam's work and visited a while then watched him teach a class.  We stayed for about 15 minutes and then Sammy said she wanted to go home because daddy was TOO LOUD.

  3. The morning DJ one-upped himself today and played Rush's The Spirit of Radio.  There really is no better song to hear in the car first thing in the morning:


Begin the day with a friendly voice
A companion unobtrusive
Plays that song that's so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood.
Off on your way, hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the spirit ever lingers -
Undemanding contact in your happy solitude

1 comment:

  1. Hearing Rush on the radio is always a special pleasure. As a teacher and parent, I also appreciated good thing #2. And #1 just speaks for itself. I've done that kind of thing on occasion and it is such a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete