Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Packing Day

We're headed to Florida tomorrow, where we'll be visiting Adam's parents.  Adam and I are taking a side trip to Longboat Key in Sarasota over the weekend, while Sam stays with her grandparents.  It promises to be an exciting trip, so hopefully I won't be blogging too much for the next week. 

Today is packing day, but I haven't started yet.  I'm still finishing up the laundry that I started yesterday (always do laundry 2 days before a trip), and I had to go to Target to buy shorts for me (I only had one pair!) and to Walmart for travel toys for Sam.  I got the best thing: a magnet board.  It's an ice cream store scene and it has magnets in the shape of ice cream cones, bananas, cherries, and the like.  Sam already plays pretend ice cream store games, so that should be a hit.  Of course, I got a sticker book with Barbies too.  Finally, I got a miniature My Little Pony toy.  You can't even tell that it's a pony, it's just some misshapen "cute" creature (with wings?).  But if my instincts are right, Sam will love it.  It's always a kick to pick out toys for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment