Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Mouth to Feed

Introducing, the latest addition to the Mossoff clan:  Fishy.

Fishy

We've had him a couple of weeks now, but we weren't sure if he was going to make it for a while, there.  Apparently, Bettas can be pretty moody and don't like moving in to a new home, so they refuse to eat.  This guy also doesn't like his food pellets whole - they must be broken up into even tinier little particles.  I don't really care since I refuse to accept any responsibility for this extra mouth to feed.  This one is Adam's.  I tried that deal with the dog, but didn't count on the fact that I'd be the one who was home all day, making it impossible for me to avoid doggie-walking, doggie-playing, doggie-training, and doggie-loving.  The fish, however, is working out just fine.  Adam feeds it and cleans its bowl.  I just get to enjoy it.  Him, I mean.  I've been wanting to add some royal blue accents to my living room anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty. He looks just like my daughter's Bing (as in Crosby) who is now going on three years old! I think the key to success with Bettas is don't overfeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Samantha like Fishy? I've thought of getting Charlie a fish, but have held off so far because I don't much enjoy cleaning fish bowls. It's a pretty good deal you've got since Adam is willing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PP: We have to put Fishy up on a high shelf or the cat will get to him, so Sam can't see him too well. She does like him, but not as much as she enjoys going to the pet store and seeing dozens of fish swiming in one tank. The good thing about the Betta (besides his stunning beauty) is that he can live in a small bowl that's pretty easy to clean. Still, I wouldn't do it myself on top of cooking and cleaning and picking up toys and...well, you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handsome devil, but he looks more like a "Moe" to me -- as in "Moe Betta Blue."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gus, you bring up a good point in addition to a possible collective groan: I've always heard it pronounced like the Greek letter, not "better" with a Boston accent. I must remember that it follows standard pronounciation rules even if some of us hahdly eva do.

    ReplyDelete