Monday, July 13, 2009

I Love Summer

A couple of years ago, Adam and I (with a 3 month old Samantha!) went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, for a wedding.  One of the events was a catamaran ride with a stop for snorkeling.  While we were all filing on to the boat, a few of us were making some small talk with one of the tour guides, a tan, smiling young guy who moved with the kind of energy that says, "I'm enjoying this."  Somebody said something that prompted him to say, "I haven't worn any kind of shoes except flip flops for years."  He said it with pride.

This is the kind of statement that, ten years ago, I would have seen as either dishonest or a sign of laziness.  Now, in my new role as parent/blogger/future homeschooler, I can say proudly that I, too, wear flip flops or nothing at all on my feet.  At least, that is, during summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment