Sunday, April 19, 2009

Verbal Skills

As you can probably tell from my recent posts, Samantha is quite a talker now.  Her soliloquies are much more sophisticated than the series of nouns she used to string together.  I've been having a hard time recording her speeches because they are too long to remember, but I got this one down the other day, pretty much verbatim, as she went around the house looking for the cat, whom she likes to kiss when she's feeling blue:

KISS JINX. MAKE FEEL BETTER. CAN'T FIND JINX ANYWHERE. MAYBE JINX UPSTAIRS HIDING. JINX WENT AWAY. JINX KITCHEN? NO. JINX BATHROOM? NO. JINX BASEMENT? JINX COME!  JINX! JINX!  COME HERE! JINX NOT BASEMENT.  CAN'T FIND JINX.

"Can't find Jinx anywhere."  "Maybe Jinx upstairs hiding."  Wow!  That blew me away!

(And, yes, I helped her to find Jinx, who was upstairs the whole time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment