Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thing 1 and Thing 2

It's twins!  We saw two heartbeats!  We're not out of the woods yet, but I'm back to newsletters and calendar entries.  And I'm adding on planning for Sam to continue in Montessori through third grade instead of homeschooling right after primary.  And we've already started hitting up the grandparents for help this fall. And I'm thinking we need a minivan.

I'm assuming everything will be just fine, until and unless something goes wrong.  I don't even feel too worried about getting past the eight week mark.  That was a problem with my eggs which doesn't exist anymore.  I'm just a normal pregnant lady now.  Well, except for the part about twins.

Smelling salts, please!

Both of the embryos measured just right, and their heartbeats were strong and just the right speed.  But one of the sacs measured a bit small.  This could be a problem or it could be that it was too early to get an accurate measurement.  We were really lucky to see the heartbeats at all.  I'm not worried.

Adam dubbed them Thing 1 and Thing 2.  He kind of stole the idea from Jenn, but I'm keeping it because it is irresistible, given the name of my blog and the fact that we already have Sam-I-Am.

10 comments:

  1. I am SO thrilled for you all! And I love the Dr. Seuss theme. :) Is Jinx now the Cat in the Hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it! I knew it! That's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So exciting! Very glad you got to hear the heartbeats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw Claire's heartbeat at 6 weeks 1 day too, so I was hoping you'd have our luck. And you did! Hooray! Hooray! Congratulations! Congratulations! (Everything is x 2 now.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I'm so happy for all of you, and so glad that limbo is over! Mini vans are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! When my sister had triplet boys she also had a 2 year old daughter. My sister would go out with Jenny and the boys in public and people would fuss over the triplets and totally ignore their older sister. It was hard on her. I hope it won't be hard on Sam once the twins come along.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for such happy comments! Patrick, I've actually been thinking a lot about that. Sam will also be the one child with my genes, and there will be two with the donor's. They might look very different than Sam, and she will be 5 years older, while they will be the same age. I just hope they're not both boys. Then Sam might really feel like an outsider. I guess the good part is that the twins will have each other and so are less likely to feel like outsiders themselves. I can't believe I'm even talking about "the twins" - it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! Congratulations Amy!

    ReplyDelete