Wednesday, February 23, 2011

9 Weeks

Today I am 9 weeks pregnant!

Things seem to be settling down now.  I've had absolutely no bleeding since my last ultrasound, when I was told that I would most likely have more bleeding.  I was finally ready to accept the spotting as normal, and then I didn't have to deal with it any more.  Well, no matter.  It looks like I'll get my chance to be calm, cool, and collected when we stop the hormones in just a few days.  My nurse at the infertility clinic told me to expect some spotting when we do.

My nausea disappeared as well.  I'm not sure what happened last Tuesday.  I was so sick that day, but then it got better on Wednesday, and even better on Thursday, and by Friday, I started feeling truly hungry again.  I'm fully prepared to go through additional bouts of morning sickness, but if they are isolated like that, it's really not so bad.  I was worried that I would continue to feel like that every day.

I'm still not ravenously hungry, though, like I've been in all my previous pregnancies.  I'm eating pretty much normally.

I definitely have a belly.  I wish I had taken a photo right when I knew I was pregnant to use as a benchmark, but after taking and posting photos early on in my first, doomed pregnancy in 2009, I was a little gun-shy.  And I've just been too lazy in the past couple of weeks to do it.  Maybe I'll start at 10 weeks.

The fatigue is the only thing that has been really consistent.  I'm skipping my nap today, partially so I can get this blog post written, but also because I am just so behind on all the things I need and want to do.  I wake up at 7:15, usually take an hour and a half nap, and then get into bed to watch TV or read at about 8:30 each night before falling asleep at around 11.  That only leaves about twelve hours of awake, working time.  It's a real problem.

I have my first official prenatal appointment tomorrow.  We'll have another ultrasound and decide on screening tests.  I'll also find out a lot more about what to expect with a twin pregnancy.  I've tried not to get ahead of myself surfing the web about it, but I do know that I should probably expect bed rest at some point, and I'm worried that I won't be able to travel for OCON in early July, when I'll only be 6 months along.  Other than that, I don't really know what to expect.  Having twins makes all of this new territory for me, which is actually kind of exciting.

Most importantly, tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for, ever since we decided to go with the donor egg option.  Tomorrow is the day that I'll have the scariest ultrasound - the one that will tell me if my babies made it past the danger period when four of them died before.  Tomorrow is the day that it will become real for me.  I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad the nausea has abated - maybe it will stay away (fingers crossed!). Good luck tomorrow. It's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete