Monday, October 12, 2009

Rationally Selfish Radio

I've become a regular and enthusiastic listener of Diana Hsieh's podcast, Rationally Selfish Radio.  Although many of my readers are probably already aware of it, the podcast is so good I that I wanted to encourage those few who haven't listened yet to give it a try. 

Dr. Hsieh speaks on a wide variety of topics, which keeps things fresh and interesting.  In her 13 podcasts to date, she has included segments on:

What I really like about Dr. Hsieh's podcast is her clarity and precision in discussing ideas.  I've gone into a few podcasts thinking, "I already know what I think about this topic and it doesn't sound all that interesting," but I always come out feeling like it was time well-spent.  Most of the time, Dr. Hsieh does have some insight that is new to me, but even when she does not, her methodical, rational analysis is just a joy to experience. 

If you've never listened to podcasts or books on tape, I recommend listening while you drive.  I find it impossible to sit still and listen to anything at all, with both my overflowing inbox and dirty living room staring me in the face.  Of course, if my daughter is around, it's not going to happen.  But listening to a podcast in the car is a great way to multitask.  Even Sammy likes to listen sometimes.  And now, she recognizes not only Dr. Peikoff's voice, but Dr. Hsieh's as well:  MOMMY!  THAT'S DI-NANA!

2 comments:

  1. I also like these podcasts. I listen to the while cooking and folding laundry ( when I have a lot).

    ReplyDelete