Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Few Little Things

I keep waiting for this phase to pass, but it seems to be permanent: Sammy loves elbows.  She is always coming up to Adam and me, pinching our elbows, and saying, ELBOWWWWWW, ELBOWWWWWW.  She clenches her jaw and it sounds like she is chanting and having some kind of spiritual experience.  My theory is that she can pinch an elbow without hurting us (try it!), and what she really loves is pinching.  Leave it to a child to find a loophole to the "no pinching" rule.

As a dog, Toby loves to play in the snow.  Adam and I have always found it cute how he burrows around in it and then comes up with a little puff of white dust on his nose.  A long time ago, we started making Scarface references whenever we saw him do it: "Co-cay-ina," (cocaine) and "Say hello to my little friend."  Now, Sammy likes to entertain our guests by telling them, SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND CO-CAY-INA.  Hopefully nobody will have any idea what she is saying.

The other night we were having dinner and Sammy was in a bad mood.  Predictable, but still hilarious:
Would you like anything more to eat?

I'M NOT!

I asked if you were still hungry.

IT'S NOT FAIR.  I'M NOT EATING.  I'M HUNGRY AND IT'S NOT FAIR AND I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU ANY MORE.

Please use nice words to tell us what you want.

I'M TELLING YOU!  IT'S NOT NICE.

You're very contrary tonight.

NO, I'M NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment