Monday, October 18, 2010

We've Been Booed!

I'm not a big fan of the chain letter, but this one is fun.  We got BOOed last night!  We got a plate of candies and fun Halloween goodies along with a cute poem chain letter.

We have 24 hours to come up with treats for two of our neighbors.  This is the kind of thing Adam loves to participate in, so he's going to buy some stuff and Sam and I might decorate a couple of our mini-pumpkins this afternoon.  I doubt that we'll match the beautiful presentation that we received (I wish I had taken a photo before we dived into the candy), but it will be fun trying.

I'm 100% in favor of extending Halloween out a bit, just like Christmas, and this is such a benevolent way to do it.  If you haven't seen this trend in your neighborhood yet and want to start it, consider this a virtual BOO!

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea too but do not know our neighors well enough to bring them something I made. I saw in Family Circle some thing called cakesicles which are cake, frosting and candy all together on a lollipop stick. To me they were something different from the cupcake trend so I went on line to see how to make them. Maybe you'ld like to try making them. They certainly would make an interesting presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom. I'll look up cakesicles. That sounds scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete