Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Talking

She speaks!  At long last, Samantha is beginning to talk.  She's been using sign language since she was 10 months old, and she's said a few words here and there, but about a week ago she began adding a few new words every day, and is using them consistently.  I'm keeping a list.  I find it interesting to observe the order in which she develops the new words.  I think there are two categories: things of great value to her, and thing that are easy to say.  Here are all of her words so far:

  • Jinx (our cat, and her real first word at 10 months...started as Ji-Ji, but has developed into Jiiiiiiiink lately)

  • Mama (and sometimes ma-mo, but never mommy...sigh)

  • Dada/Daddy

  • Doggie (this was the word that kicked off her real talking...the day she figured out how to say it, she probably said it a hundred times)

  • Up

  • No

  • Cheese

  • Bubble

  • Bagel

  • Yes

  • Shadow (more like, da-dow, but she knows what a shadow is and tries to say it)

  • Banana

  • Hi

  • Yellow (but nobody but her parents would ever know what she was saying...ehh-ow?)

  • Keys

  • Jeez (I had no idea I used that word so often - how embarrassing!)

  • Green beans (gee-bee)

  • Boo-Boo (as in ouch)

  • Hot

  • Bye Bye


 Sorry to bore you, but this is BIG!

1 comment:

  1. I was told that my first word was "more"; and that it was a long time before I troubled to add another.

    ReplyDelete