Monday, July 28, 2008

Birthday Alert!

I just made up Samantha's wish list for her second birthday, which is coming up on September 2.  First of all, did you know that Amazon.com now offers a universal wish list button which allows you to add products from outside vendors to your Amazon wish list?  So cool!  Do I dare to actually get rid of all my other lists?  Give me a few months to get used to the idea...

I spent a lot of time making up Sam's list.  I went to The Michael Olaf Montessori Company's web site and flicked through the entire "The Joyful Child" pdf, hunting for products.  Then I searched for the things that appealed to me on Amazon.  I was almost always able to find something comparable there for a lower price, and I was careful about quality and details.  (If Michael Olaf had an actual on-line store instead of making you get a catalog and call or mail in the order, I would have just added their products to my universal wish list.)  Of course, I added some things that have nothing to do with Montessori but I know Sam will like.  She tried a Sit-and-Spin at a friend's house and loved it, so that's a must, and this pedal-less bike looks so cool I couldn't resist.

Here's a link to her list, where you can see the Montessori-inspired toys I picked, and maybe even help support this blog by buying Sam a gift.  (Be sure to sort the list by priority.)

 My Amazon.com Wish List

1 comment:

  1. [...] more month and Samantha will be two years old.  She has been busy this past month.  Just as with walking, the talking seems to have opened up a [...]

    ReplyDelete