Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Miscellaneous Update

I feel like I MUST get a blog post up today, but it's impossible to come up with a coherent subject lately.  I figure that by giving this a title of "Miscellaneous Update," I'll feel less pressure to have any kind of theme.  So here it goes:

  • I've now done four injections of Lupron.  It's easy as pie and doesn't hurt a bit.  The first one was stressful in exactly the way I expected:  I felt uncertain that I was getting the dosage right and getting rid of air bubbles and all of that.  But after the first time, it's been no problem.  Sam keeps asking to watch and I'd totally let her except that I keep forgetting.  But doing it with her around is not the big issue that I had feared.

  • We had Family Movie Night on Saturday and watched some weird Rudolph spin-off - something about the Lost Isle of Toys.  I really disliked it.  The music was bland and the story was preachy.  We're getting our classic Rudolph from Netflix later this week!

  • Today or tomorrow, I swear, I'm going to start planning my Jewish Christmas dinner.  We're having one or two guests, and it will be simple in every way except that I'll cook for two days.  I love it!

  • Our Italy plans are slowly progressing.  I booked the airline tickets last week.  I still haven't booked hotels, though.  Everything is turning out to be more complicated than I had anticipated.  Prices are higher, there were less flights to choose from, etc.  But now that the flight is booked I have a sense that THIS REALLY IS GOING TO HAPPEN.  Woohoo!

  • We're working on refinancing our house and it is also turning out to be much more complicated than I had anticipated.  Did you know that a large check might take up to ten business days to clear?  I suspect this is a new phenomenon due to post 9.11 financial regulations (or maybe other new regulations).  My bank told me that it has not always taken that long.  I planned things around certain timing and now the whole thing might fail because of this.  Regulations - arg!

  • I still have tons of Christmas shopping to do.  In fact, I must leave right now to do exactly that.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment