Saturday, May 16, 2009

Oral Fixation

Samantha has never had too much of a need to chew and suck on things.  She never really used a pacifier and wasn't too excited about teething rings.  At some point, though, she started chewing on her own arm.  Her right wrist was always red and puckered.  One time, she hurt herself by biting too hard, so she moved on to chewing on her sleeve.  Recently, she gave that up too, after getting annoyed that her shirt was wet.  (I had to explain to her that it was wet because she chewed on it, but once I told her that, she stopped immediately.  It's strange that she didn't figure that out on her own.) 

Luckily, I got a video of her sleeve chewing just before she stopped it.  It's one of those Little Things that I'm sure I'd completely forget in about 6 months if I didn't record it.

No comments:

Post a Comment