Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hey! You Stole My Blog Post!

I was just about to write a tribute to Interjections when LB stole my thunder.  But here it is anyway.

 

 

Schoolhouse Rock is one of those things that I love so much that I used to dream of sharing it with my child someday, even before I knew if I really wanted to have a child.  And now she is here, and she's old enough, and we watch it together.  And sometimes, out of the blue, she'll say to me, "Darn, that's the end," and it makes me cry.

2 comments:

  1. I swear, I was the WOW! girl when I got my report card after first grade and found out I was going to summer school. That is exactly how I remember the situation (without the blond hair and platform shoes - I was 6). I really loved school and thought that going to summer school was a privilege reserved for only the very best students. I was just that excited.

    I adore the entire series and am trying to feature one a week on Wednesdays. Tomorrow: If you skate, it would be great, if you could make, a figure 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 was my favorite number when I was a kid and sometimes I wonder if that was why.

    ReplyDelete