Friday, August 8, 2008

Quick Teriyaki Beef Noodles

You can find just about any kind of recipe you want on the Internet so I don't plan to start posting every recipe I like here, but I do like to share my own creations.  This is one of my standard "in a pinch" meals since it is so easy to keep all the ingredients on hand.  It's also quick, cheap, and really tasty if you don't mind MSG.

Prepare one package of Nissin Original Chow Mein Noodles, Teriyaki Beef Flavor, according to package directions.  Brown about a half pound of ground beef.  Boil some frozen peas in beef broth and drain.  Combine the noodles, beef, and peas, in whatever proportions you like. Serves 2+.

Tip:  I keep some frozen ground beef in the freezer at all times for quick dinners like this, but if I was able to plan ahead far enough to defrost it properly I'd be cooking a real meal.  To quickly thaw frozen ground beef (or any ground meat), put it on a plate, uncovered, and put in the microwave.  Set the timer for 20 minutes and microwave at 50%.  After about two minutes, check it.  Use your fingers to pull off the thawed part on the outside, and put directly in the pan you'll use to brown it.  Put the remaining frozen meat back in the microwave and continue cooking.  Repeat until all the meat is defrosted.  Be sure to check more often as the amount remaining gets smaller because it will defrost more quickly.  As long as you don't let it get too hot and you don't mind using your fingers, this is the best way to defrost ground meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment