Thursday, August 21, 2008

Four Years

The Olympics are a bit like New Years times four.  I've been watching, thinking of all that I have done since the Athens games.  Exactly four years ago, Adam and I were in the middle of making the decision to have a child.  Here are our family milestones since then:

  • I quit smoking

  • We got a dog

  • Our older cat died

  • We had a child

  • I graduated from college

  • Adam got his dream job at George Mason University

  • I began my career as a writer by starting this blog

  • We lived in three new places: San Diego, CA, Lexington, VA, and Burke, VA

  • We traveled to:  Buffalo, NY, New Orleans, LA, San Francisco, CA, Pasadena, CA, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Vancouver, BC, Canada, Tucson, AZ*, Playa del Carmen, Mexico*, Chicago, IL (numerous times)*, Richmond, VA (numerous times)*, St. Louis, MO (numerous times)*, Orange County, CA (numerous times)*, Ridgway, CO*, Telluride, CO*, Durango, CO*, Meteor Crater, AZ*, Temecula, CA*, Pacific Palisades, CA*, Orlando, FL*, St. Petersburg, FL*, Philadelpia, PA*


*Post-baby trips

No comments:

Post a Comment