Friday, March 9, 2012

Half-Day in the Life

It's just past noon. So far, today I have:

  • Changed 5 diapers (Adam did one this morning)

  • Clipped 20 fingernails

  • Showered, dressed, put on make-up and jewelry (!)

  • Received a huge grocery delivery and put it all (well, most) away

  • Eaten a salisbury steak frozen meal for breakfast

  • Looked up a recipe for salisbury steak (it's gotta be better homemade, right?)

  • Administered 4 bottle feedings

  • Spoon-fed 2 baby-food feedings

  • Given 2 sponge baths

  • Changed 2 baby outfits

  • Packed up and labeled a box for return to Amazon, and put it in my trunk

  • Opened a new box from Amazon and put the supplies away

  • Reconciled my bank account and credit card statement

  • Put away baby laundry that had been sitting on the floor in a hamper for the past week

  • Written this blog post


Plans for the rest of the day include:

  • At least one load of laundry

  • Unload dishwasher

  • Load dishwasher

  • Make new batch of formula

  • Lunch for me

  • Sam school pick-up (with babies in-tow)

  • Find some way (that doesn't involve TV) to entertain Sam for the whole, long afternoon while we are stuck in the house with the babies

  • Bath for Sam (I can drag that out for an hour, I hope)

  • Putting Stuff Away

  • Folding 5 loads of laundry

  • Cooking dinner (salmon and long-cooked broccoli tonight, I think--HT: Diana Hsieh)

  • 5 more bottle-feedings (Adam will do one tonight)

  • 3-4 more diaper changes (Adam will do one or two tonight)

  • Watching more of this week's American Idol, maybe even getting through the results show

  • If I'm feeling ambitious, starting my taxes


If it is a normal day, I'll make at least 25 round trips up and down the stairs. (I counted once.) That's the only part I'd change.

No comments:

Post a Comment