Monday, May 24, 2010

Amy's Lamb Stew

Here is another super-easy, inexpensive recipe that I created recently.  What makes it good is the combination of flavors, not a lot of fancy chopping, searing, or other time-consuming cooking.  Also, I don't think proportions are all that important.

I can't tell you exactly how much meat I used because the packaging is gone, but it was a bone-in lamb shoulder roast that I got from the farmer's market.  I'm pretty sure it would work with any kind of lamb roast, though.  We ended up with 3-4 servings so I figure it had about 2 pounds of meat on it.  We ate it with mashed potatoes.

Amy's Lamb Stew


Put the following into a crock pot on low for about 8 hours.  About an hour before serving, break up the meat:

  • 2-3 pounds of lamb roast

  • 1 onion, chopped

  • 3 cloves garlic, smashed/minced

  • carrots (I used about 5 very small ones and left them about 1-2 inches long)

  • 1 cup chicken broth

  • bay leaf

  • rosemary

  • salt and pepper


That's it! 

This week I'm going to try Rational Jenn's Greek Chicken.  It's just my kind of recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment