Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Ayn Rand Book

I'm excited about this new book of Ayn Rand interviews, Objectively Speaking, edited by Marlene Podritske and Peter Schwartz.  I've probably read most of the print interviews already, but it's been a while.  Since I can't afford to buy recordings of all her audio interviews, this book will fill that gap nicely.  Too bad it's not available for Christmas.

If you've never heard Ayn Rand interviewed you're missing out.  Treat yourself to the pleasure of observing a brilliant mind in action: the Ayn Rand Institute has a nice selection of her lectures and interviews you can listen to for free.  I just listened to the beginning of Speaking Freely, a wide-ranging interview by Edwin Newman, and I'm blown away all over again by her clarity and precision.

No comments:

Post a Comment